From IRS Ne11ws:?IR-2016-68, April 28, 2016
WASHINGTON ? The Internal Revenue Service is marking National Small Business Week, May 1 to 7, by encouraging small business owners and self-employed individuals to check out several products to help them understand and meet their tax obligations.
The products include a series of?educational webinars?to help them not only be tax compliant, but also to help their businesses thrive. The webinars start at 2 p.m. Eastern (11 a.m., Pacific; noon, Mountain; 1 p.m., Central). Each webinar topic has a tax tip or fact sheet with more information:
- Tax Tips for your New Business, May 2
IRS Tax Tips for Starting a Business
- Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before they Happen, May 3
Look to the IRS for Tax Help in the Event of a Disaster
- Worker Classification: Employee or Independent Contractor??(in Spanish), May 4
Payments to Independent Contractors
- Tip Reporting and Tips vs. Service Charges,?May 5
Tips Versus Services Charges: How to Report
Other Small Business Products
The?IRS video portal?contains video and audio presentations on a variety of topics of interest to small businesses.
- The?IRS YouTube video channelalso offers?videos for small businesses?including:
- IRS Tax Calendar
- Audits by Mail ? What to Do?
- Simplified Home Office Deduction
- The?Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Centeris a complete online resource featuring links to a variety of useful tools, including?Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop, a downloadable tax calendar and common forms and their instructions. The Center provides help on everything from how to get an?Employer Identification Number online?to how to engage with the IRS during an audit.
- The?Self-Employed Individuals Tax Centeris for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has many useful tips and references to the tax rules that a self-employed person may need to know.
- The?Online Learning and Educational Productspage has tools to help taxpayers learn about taxes on their own time, and at their own pace. For example, the?IRS Tax Calendar?for Businesses and Self-Employed has important tax dates for businesses. Download the Calendar Connector tool to get the dates even when offline.
- e-News for Small Businessesis a free electronic mail service providing tax information for small business owners and self-employed individuals.
- SSA/IRS Reporteris a quarterly, online-only publication for businesses, payroll professionals and others who deal with payroll taxes and employee issues.
- Do some or all of your employees lack access to a retirement savings plan? You can help them get started saving for retirement with?myRA, a simple, safe and affordable retirement savings option from the U.S. Treasury. Learn more here:?https://myra.gov/employers/