For individual taxpayers who filed an extension, the deadline to submit your final 2019 tax return is Thursday, October 15.
A few tips to remember:
– You can file your return any time before that date.
– If you’re due a refund, make sure you muse direct deposit to receive your refund.
– If you owe taxes, you can pay online from a checking or savings account at IRS Direct Pay.
– Pay any balance due as soon as possible to reduce interest and penalties for late payment (the deadline to pay for 2019 income taxes due was July 15, 2020).
– If you missed the deadline to request an extension (July 15, 2020), you should file and pay as soon as possible. This will help reduce your interest and any penalties you may receive.